Love and Three Day Weekends
Good evening everyone. For some reason I felt like doing a late night post. Hope y’all have been enjoying the long weekend. I know I am. In fact, here are some reasons why I wish every weekend could be Labor Day weekend.
1. There is an extra day off from school! And you know what a 3 day weekend means? Only a 4 day school week! Woah. How about them math skills?
2. Elly got to meet her Aunt Pepper, Uncle Hershey, and Uncle Buddy for the first time. As the oldest of the three (about ten years), Pepper is highly offended we’d bring yet ANOTHER dog into her life. But Elly’s uncles are thrilled to step into their role as “babysitters.” They just wish she’d stop trying to nibble on their tails, legs, ears, and dignity.
3. In addition to giving Elly a basket filled with treats and toys, my parents (a.k.a. the dog experts) are teaching her that chewing on the family’s limbs (and hair in my case) is not okay. I’m filling out their sainthood applications as we speak.
4. A much needed night out with friends. In the past two weeks, my schedule has become classes, teach, clean apartment, homework, sleep, repeat. It was great to break out of that rut and celebrate Lindsay’s 22nd birthday. Plus who doesn’t love wine and cake balls?
5. In addition to celebrating her birthday, Lindsay took us to visit her newborn nephew. Oh my goodness. He’s take your breath away beautiful. I cannot wait to read Jansen stories on Chelsea’s blog (Roots and Rings).
6. Down here in Texas, summer will fight tooth and nail to stick around for at least the next month. But we had our first hint of fall this weekend! Can’t you smell it in the air? Friday’s drive home was in the 80′s. Gorgeous! I love summer. I really do. But now that’s school started, I’m tired of sweating buckets in between classes. Also my purse zipper heating up to the point of burning me while I wait for the trolley is getting super annoying.
7. Speaking of fall, I went on a “shoe date” with my parents…. look what I bought!
8. Also after weeks of anxiously waiting and watching my newsfeed fill up with people talking about their first medical school interviews, I’ve finally gotten my own! I’m scheduled to interview next Friday with one of the Texas schools. I’m nervous but really excited. Last hurdle before acceptances!
9. Chocolate chip bread. Enough said.
10. Naps. In theory I have time for naps during the school week. And yet it never seems to work out that way. After church and running errands with my mom, I actually had time for a short nap before dinner. I want to hug naps and never let go.
What’s that, Mr. Face the Music? The weekend is almost over??? But I don’t want to go back to school! Oh sure. Blah blah blah. Something about appreciating things more because they’re fleeting. Whatever. I am counting down until the next three day weekend. Only another month and a half to go. In the meantime, happy Labor Day everyone.